"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
Khalil Gibran

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Painting your own jars to look like blue & aqua Ball Jars

I am constantly looking for new ways to use items from my recycling bin.  Recently I came across the blog post linked below that has step by step instructions on how to make any glass container look like colored glass.  This is a very popular look in decorating these days.

At first I was thinking that it might take me a long while to accumulate any substantial number of jars because I couldn't think of much that came in glass containers anymore...until I looked in the fridge & cupboards that is.  And let's face it, recycling feels good, it saves landfill space, & saves money. Plus, projects like this are fun & rewarding when you are done & you get to enjoy them in your home.

Here are some of the items sold in glass jars that I discovered in my home:

*  Pickles
*  Spaghetti Sauce
*  Cherries
*  Applesauce
*  Olives
*  Relish
*  Banana Peppers
*  Mayo
*  Some canned fruits
*  Jam
*  Baby Food

You will need:

*  A cheap foam brush
     (a regular brush will work, but may leave stroke marks)
*  White glue (like Elmer's)
*  Glass jars
*  Food Coloring
*  Water

Follow the link below for full instructions.  Happy Crafting!  I'd love to see pictures of your creations either here or on our Facebook page.

~Jessica

Link:
The Single Nester: How to Make Blue Ball Jars Plus a Floral Arrangement

Like our page on Facebook!
www.Facebook.com/mindcrumbcrafts

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I am visiting from Let's Homeschool High School's Blogroll. Your craft idea looks like such fun. I love upcycling!! I go to yard sales when I get the chance with an eye open for things I can get cheap and remake into something neat.

    I also wanted to invite you to join the October Let's Homeschool High School Blog Hop. Here is the direct link: http://letshomeschoolhighschool.com/blog/2013/10/01/october-homeschool-high-school-blog-hop/

    Best wishes for a super school year.

    Joyfully,
    Jackie
    Let's Homeschool High School Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie ~ I will definitely check out your blog. Thanks for stopping by! I too love to make a treasure out of someone else, or my own junk. ;-)

    I am in the midst of Homeschooling my son through his Junior Year of high school and we don't have any support or other homeschoolers in our area that we know, so I love getting info and encouragement online!!!

    Thanks Again!

    Jessica @ Mind Crumbs

    ReplyDelete

Share what you think about this post, or let us know what you would like to hear about in the future.