"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
Khalil Gibran

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crafty Creations

I thought I would give a short little post with some photos of some of my recent craft projects.  I know the holidays are coming up and I'm always looking around for good ideas, so I thought I would share some of the things that I've done.

 
This sign was made for my sweet friend Ernestine as a Baby Shower gift.  I know of a simple way to create the crackle finish with Elmer's Glue (put 'elmer's glue crackle finish' into Google search and you'll find instructions) and I just painted the dots and words over it once the pain from the crackle finish was dry.  I put felt on the back of the sign assuming they'd like to hang it on the front door and the felt should help it not bang so much when the door gets opened and closed.

 

 

This coaster set was purchased for $5 at my local Craft Warehouse.  I painted each coaster and the inside of the holder green.  I had picked out 3 different patterned papers that I liked from the scrapbook section of the store and cut them to the size of the coaster and used mod podge to stick them to the coaster.  After the first coat dried, I added 2 extra coats of mod podge.  I did the same thing for the holder.  When all was done I sprayed each item with a clear sealer, then added 4 small felt circles on the bottom of each coaster.  (If you don't use these, the coasters like to stick together)

This was my little fall scarecrow that I painted.  I painted another fall character but apparently forgot to take a picture of it.  This wood cutout was just $1 at Jo-Ann Fabric's and I used acrylic paints to paint him and then sprayed him with a clear sealant.



These fun wood dolls and the mask were also purchased at Jo-Ann Fabric's for $1 each! I made these for my little cousin Grace as a Birthday present.  I had some plain card stock and an envelope and her card using colored pencils.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my projects.  If you have any questions or want more details, please feel free to comment and ask.  I love to help a fellow crafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what you think about this post, or let us know what you would like to hear about in the future.