"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
Khalil Gibran

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oatmeal Sugar Scrub

Last year I made a couple types of sugar scrub and gave them as gifts.  A couple people have asked me for the recipe so I thought I would post it here.  I have to give credit to my dear friend Jessica W. who was the one who introduced me to this yummy recipe last year.  Thanks Jess!

Oatmeal Sugar Scrub

2 c white sugar
1 c oatmeal
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c vegetable glycerin
1/4 c castille soap (almond)
1 TBSP cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp molasses

Mix ingredients in a large bowl. The ingredients will become more emulsified over time. If the batch seems too dry add another dash of olive oil. If it seems too moist add a shake of sugar. Yields approx 3 – 8 oz containers, 3/4 full.

You can see by my photo's that mine were in plastic containers with lids that seal and we used scrap-booking supplies to make labels for the top lids.  I've seen sugar scrubs placed in sealable mason jars as well.  Just be sure your containers seal otherwise they will leak.

I will warn you in advance, especially if you have small children, that between the oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla, and molasses....it smells like cookie dough a bit and kids may want to eat it.

Men were reluctant to try it at first but all really liked it after they tried it on their hands, so I personally think its a good gift for men as well as women.

*NOTE*
This is a very thick sugar scrub and could cause problems with bath drains….I just suggest people use it sparingly.  Another option that my family did was to use it as hand scrub and keep it by the kitchen sink (the side with the disposal), then there was no worry of problems.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what you think about this post, or let us know what you would like to hear about in the future.