"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
Khalil Gibran

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

End of the year....


I can't believe it's been a month since I've posted anything to this blog.

With this being my first year as a homeschooling Momma, I have been working to wrap up our year and decide what we will do over the summer.  Last week was officially our last week of school, however, we have decided to continue on with reading, and some light History and Science over the summer.  The goal is to make it a fun time by incorporating learning opportunities into our family trips and vacation time over the next couple of months. 

As the year is coming to an end I have been so pleased as I look back through our schedule and I see all the things that Regan and I both learned!  I'm a very proud Mom!  Of course for our family it was important to make sure his learning came from a Biblical base and as a part of that, he had Bible class every school day.  This year Regan likely learned more about the Bible than I had by the end of High School, and he's just finished the 7th grade.  I watched him grow not only as a student but also as a young man.

We ended our year with a Park Day with several of our close homeschooling friends and family and the kids had a blast playing at the water park, on the playground, and just running around having fun.  We've been so blessed with a strong group of local homeschooling families and it was a beautiful site to see us all together as we finished out the year.

I haven't planned out the our schedule and curriculum for next year yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us. 


Lord, let me have the patience and the faith to wait on You and rest in Your perfect timing for the answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what you think about this post, or let us know what you would like to hear about in the future.