"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
Khalil Gibran

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cover Girl - NatureLuxe Review

I recently joined BzzAgent to review products that either myself or my family are interested in using.  I officially received my first product in the mail last week.  BzzAgent sent me a free sample of Cover Girl's new NatureLuxe line of foundation and Lip Gloss Balm.

I must admit that I was a bit skeptical as to whether I would like this foundation due simply to the fact that it was Cover Girl brand (which I hadn't used since I was in High School).  I must confess I was pleasantly surprised.

NatureLuxe is a light to medium foundation with a very silky feel to it.  I personally tend to prefer heavier foundations with a matte finish to cover my uneven skin tone and occasional blemish.  But because I also use concealer under my eyes I discovered that I was very happy with the coverage this foundation gave me. 

The feeling of this foundation after I applied it reminded me a bit of the Silk lotion from Bath and Body Works.  It makes your skin feel very smooth and I personally really enjoy the fragrance!  It has jojoba extract and cucumber water which gives it a nice smell, not to mention that it also contains 10 SPF to help protect from sun damage.

I tend to have normal to dry skin and because this foundation gives a bit of a 'dewy' sheen (not oily) those of you with oily skin may not prefer to use it. But for me it worked really well.

I was sent a sample and was not able to select the shade. The full sized sample that Cover Girl sent me in the foundation was the shade 'Aspen'.  I have very fair skin and although the color through the window in the bottle looked a little dark, once I put it on my skin, it was a perfect match! 

The full price of this foundation is much less than the price of my usual brand and my husband said he liked it just as well if not better. Because it smells and feels so much better than my usual brand, I'm seriously considering a permanent switch.

The other free sample I was given was for the Cover Girl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm.  To be fair I must tell you that the sample I was given was in the color named 'anemone' which is BRIGHT RED!  That said, the color is way too bright for me.  But in an effort to try out the product, I decided to give it a shot.  The Gloss Balm has a 15 SPF, which again is a nice feature to protect us against the sun.  It feels very nice on my lips and to me it didn't feel as 'sticky' as some lip glosses can feel.  I am still undecided if it would be worth it for me to purchase another tube in a color that is better suited for me, but I do like the way it feels on my lips as it seems to moisturize well.

Overall I would say that my experience was very good with these new products.  And I like the way the gloss feel so much that I have actually applied other lip color over it to help conceal the bright red color.

In the end I have to say that I was rather surprised with how much I enjoyed these new products by Cover Girl.  They seemed to me to be from a high quality make-up counter at the mall.  I would say it's worth giving them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what you think about this post, or let us know what you would like to hear about in the future.